Day in history for July 21, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- I will receive proposals at my office in this city until the 6th day of August, for the lowest and best bid for furnishing and laying down a sidewalk around the court house square, 14 feet wide, of good sound two inch pine plank. By order of the board of supervisors, Rock Island County.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Friends of the Hennepin Canal felt like throwing in the sponge yesterday. Today they may throw up their hats for the Senate has renewed the battle for appropriations for it.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Announcement was made today that the car shops of the Rock Island Lines will be moved from Chicago to Silvis.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Eight hundred thirty men are now employed at the Rock Island Arsenal, according to a report made today by Colonel Herman W. Schull, Arsenal Commandant.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- About 45 blind persons from the area attended the 14th Annual picnic for the blind. The event, sponsored by the Rock Island Lions Club, was held in Long View Park.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The intersection of 42nd Avenue and 7th Street in East Moline is the most dangerous intersection in the Quad-Cities. That's the finding of this year's annual rating of the 10 most dangerous intersections in the five-county Quad-City area by the Bi-State Metropolitan Planning Commission.
Back: Available days in July 2007