Day in history for July 19, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The mustangs continue to attract much attention and find a ready sale. They afforded amusement for about 200 person yesterday.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Evan B. Swain was awarded a silver medal by the Phoenix Hose Company last night for being the first to arrive at fires most often over the past six months.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island Three-I baseball club defeated the league-leading Springfield Senators, 1-0, yesterday to take over the No. 1 spot.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Creation of a municipal playground on a tract of land west of 5th St. and in the vicinity of 20th Ave. is being urged by Alderman A.L. Holtzer of the first ward.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Children living in the neighborhood of 23rd Ave. and 35th St., Moline, held a carnival yesterday afternoon in the yard at 3479 23rd Ave., and raised $47.65 which they turned over to the county cancer drive fund, the most the chapter ever received from a single carnival. The carnival was attended by more than 100 youngsters.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline police are still searching for the person who turned four parked cars into bonfires on June 28. Three of the torched cars were parked in the SouthPark parking lot and one was in the parking lot of the Howard Johnson's Motor Lodge on Airport Road.
Back: Available days in July 2007