Day in history for July 18, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Frederick Moss has just received 200 fine mosquito nets of different colors which he offers for sale at very low prices.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The new ferry dock was placed in position yesterday. It is long, wider, higher and altogether larger than the old one and is in keeping with the new ferry.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- M.H. Sexton announced today that the Rock Island baseball club has played to an attendance of 25,000 so far this season. He added that he is hoping for a new attendance record.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Four drownings and one auto death comprise the weekend toll in the Quad-Cities.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Consideration of the location of the multi-million-dollar approach route to the Centennial Bridge, as submitted by the engineering firm working on the project, will be discussed by the Rock Island Planning Commission at its meeting tonight.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island County Circuit Court clerks are working hard to give away money. The targets of their largesse are people who were arrested and posted bond but didn't pick it up after their cases were settled. Rock Island Circuit Court Clerk Ted Nelson wants to get rid of the money so badly he as assigned an employee to track down at least 150 persons who haven't picked up the bond money they are owed.
Back: Available days in July 2007