Day in history for July 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- A large number of mechanics and laborers who live in Davenport find daily employment and better wages in Rock Island than at home. This shows a thing or two in regard to what is going on.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The old machinery at the waterworks is now doing all the work as the new machinery is being given several coats of paint.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- A total of 172 golfers have entered the trans-Mississippi tournament which opens tomorrow at Rock Island Arsenal Golf Club. A number of the golfers already have arrived in the city.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Authority has been given by the Rock Island District Corps of Engineers for a river channel maintenance and improvement program this summer which will call for the employment of between 400 and 500 persons.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Most of the independent gasoline station operators in the Moline area dropped the price of regular gas one cent during the weekend. The new price at these stations is 28.9 cents.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Stanley Anderson, owner of Stanley's Tap, 1514 6th Ave., Moline, came face-to-face with a burglar this morning. Apparently, the man had hidden inside his tavern before closing, and then found himself locked inside when he couldn't kick down a recently installed steel door.
Back: Available days in July 2007