Day in history for July 10, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Bones have been found in the Fourth Ward by laborers engaged in excavating the earth. They are supposed to be bones of Indians.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The county roads are still in a bad condition and the businessmen of the city are planning to petition the county supervisors to have them repaired at once.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- There is not a single case of contagious disease in the city at the present time. The last warning card was removed by health authorities last night.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- High officials and representatives of the various groups of employees of the Rock Island Lines joined last evening in a appeal to business interests of the Quad-City area to support the movement to bring other forms of transportation under the same regulations as the railways.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Starlings, a pesky bird brought to this country from England and now a problem in many American cities, received official attention of the Moline City Council last night.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Officials of the $200,000 Quad Cities Open golf tournament say all systems are go for the upcoming week of birdies, bogeys and biggies - better known as celebrities. Hundreds of area volunteers work energetically to put the tournament on the map.
Back: Available days in July 2007