Day in history for July 1, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The rents of dwellings in this city range from $200 to $600 a year and the dwellings are in demand. Several store rooms, however, are still unoccupied.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The monthly report of Phil Miller, City Marshal, shows that the police handled 72 cases in June, of which 18 were for drunkenness. A total of $102.15 was collected in fines.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- All crops in this vicinity are reported as below normal by the State Department of Agriculture. Corn is given at 75 percent normal.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Argus reported today that Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt of New York is leading all candidates through the third ballot of this Democratic National Convention. A caucus has been called for the Texas and California delegates who are pledged to Speaker Garner.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- An estimated 200 persons attended the open house at the new building of the Visiting Nurse Association of Rock Island yesterday. The one story building, which was made possible by the contributions of local citizens and by the fund raising activities of the Junior Board, did not exceed the estimated cost.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The John Deere Home at 1217 11th Ave., Moline is up for sale. The home is now a 14 unit apartment building and is selling for $235,000.
Back: Available days in July 2007