Day in history for June 7, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The Rev. John Murray will preach in Smith's Hall tomorrow morning and evening. All liberal Christians and the public are invited to attend.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The aldermen of Rock Island will take a trip to Aurora tomorrow to inspect the electric light system there.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rev. W.P. McVey, pastor of the Spencer Memorial Methodist Church, Rock Island, has been offered the presidency of Hedding College at Abingdon.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Miss Marjorie Rose Eichelsdoerfer, Rock Island, will be awarded the Rock Island County scholarship of the University of Illinois for a four-year course, it was announced today by Justin A. Washburn, county superintendent of schools.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The way has been paved for the location of another major industry in East Moline following the rezoning of a 16 1/2 acre section of land east of 19th St. at 8th Ave. for heavy manufacturing. Proposed for the area is a modern paint manufacturing company.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Quad-City kids can now get a taste of the country without leaving town. Located on 36 acres of beautifully wooded rolling hills in the heart of Bettendorf, Camp Na-Wak-Wa, a summer day camp operated by a new non-profit agency of the same name, opened today for the first time.
Back: Available days in June 2007