Day in history for June 30, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- j.J Beardsley, Esq., sold Alanson Sennett, of Ohio sixteen acres of land lying on the road between Rock Island and Moline, and being the premises upon which he now resides, for $300 per acre. Property appears to be advancing in that direction.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Rock Island had 140 telephones in use with oders for several new ones. Davenport was using 225 and Moline 65.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- A meeting of the Democratic County Central Committee, it was decided to hold a congressional convention here on Aug 16.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Two gallons of alchol in a wall cache, with a siphon tube to draw it, were confiscated by Rock Island police last evening in a raid at a residence in the east end of the city.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Five brothers of Moline were among the 47 persons who completed applications for citizenship at Rock Island County Circuit Clerk's office. They are the Kalomalos brothers, natives of Greece, who came to this country Feb. 14, 1951.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Ralph Turner of Rock Island could barely express the joy he felt today after his wife, Virginia, had gone through a operation Tuesday that may enable her to hear again after 15 years of deafness. The implant was one of the first of its kind performed at the University Hospitals, Iowa City.
Back: Available days in June 2007