Day in history for June 27, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Why is it that all persons arrested by the police are taken to the same police magistrate's office instead of dividing the business?
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A fire occurred at Hampton early yesterday morning which destroyed the large store of Heagy And Stoddard. The loss has been estimated at not less than $9,000.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Islanders were defeated by Peoria today, 7-6, and dropped to third place in the Three-I-League standings.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The total rain so far this month has been 6.9 inches, the heaviest monthly rainfall since June 1930, when 9.14 inches was recorded.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Rock Island County Board of School Trustees last night after a public hearing voted the annexation of Bowlesburg School on South 10th Street, south of Silvis, into the East Moline Grade School District.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Rock Island Historic Preservation Association is sponsoring its second annual walking tour of Rock Island, 'Tour Yesterday,' from 1 to 5. This year's free tour will include 80 homes along 23rd Street between 5th and 12th avenues. Each home's history and brief notes about its architectural features will be posted on a placard in front of the home.
Back: Available days in June 2007