Day in history for June 25, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The eastern train was about an hour behind time yesterday, owing to some trifling imperfection in one of the wheels.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Congress today passed a bill to allow the Rock Island And Southwestern Railroad Co. to construct a bridge across the Mississippi River at New Boston.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The gasoline launch, 'White Sox', owned by Charles Comiskey, baseball magnate, arrived here today. Comiskey is expected to board the craft sometime tomorrow.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Resignation of Miss Lulu B. Cochrane, general secretary of the
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Steps toward a new high school were taken in East Moline last night. Rapidly expanding high school population shows the need for action now and completion of construction by 1960. The 27 acre site at Colona Rd. and 13th St. is favored by the school architect and the board.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline members of the International Association of Firefighters Local 581 have voted to accept a contract that has no pay increases for the next two years and puts a 5 percent cap on cost-of-living adjustments. The new contract is similar to the one approved by city employees.
Back: Available days in June 2007