Day in history for June 22, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Dr. Ryland of this city, who recently passed examinations before the Army Board of Surgeons, has been ordered to Jefferson Barracks to join that portion of the Army bound for Utah.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Rock Island has been chosen as the site for the third annual convention of the liquor dealers and manufacturers of Illinois, to be held in September.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Arthur Payson slept on a grave in the cemetery last night and is $25 richer because of a bet made with Moses Ross.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island District of United States Engineers has received $390,000 in a special allotment of funds from the War Department to cover immediate work. A large portion of the money will go to cover payments on June construction work on the Rock Island nine-foot channel project and the first of the roller gates.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- For a firm that doesn't have a standard product, Rock Island Bridge And Iron Works Inc. is doing a lot of growing. Last year, the firm's sales jumped about 80 percent over 1955. At present, it is experiencing another good year.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Jeff Swanson, East Moline, an employee at John Deere Parts Distribution Warehouse in Milan, has won $6,000 for a suggestion that thinner paper be used on computer generated parts tickets.
Back: Available days in June 2007