Day in history for June 21, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We have learned of several attempts at house breaking in the past few nights. Every man should keep firearms freshly loaded to give the rascal a hot reception.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The Board of Education last night reelected the teachers for all schools of the city and fixed the salary of elementary school principals at $800 a year.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Tri-City Athletic Club is sponsoring a special train to Milwaukee June 28 for the Packy McFarland - Charlie Neary bout.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Davenport, Moline and East Moline industries will be permitted to use the Rock Island river terminal on the same basis as Rock Island shippers through an agreement reached today between railroads and the Inland Waterways Corp. Shipping charges will be absorbed jointly by the Rock Island Lines and the barge company.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Free polio shots will be given to about 150 city employees, starting Monday, in a program sponsored by the Rock Island Civil Defense Corps in cooperation with the national and state governments which urge that all adults 45 years old and under be inoculated.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Denise Berry of Rock Island sent a red plastic rattle to Lady Di, when she heard she was expecting and she received a letter of thanks from Buckingham Palace.
Back: Available days in June 2007