Day in history for June 19, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Owing to some accountable error in mathematical and astronomical calculations, the comet did not come into view yesterday as predicted.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Resolutions opposing the passage of the congressional bill making the Rock Island-Davenport bridge a toll bridge, were passed at an indignation meeting held yesterday.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Travel over the Rock Island-Davenport bridge yesterday included 2,481 pedestrians, 1,470 teams and 322 streetcars.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- A 'baby hurricane' swept down upon the Quad-Cities shortly before 10 last night, uprooted trees and telephone poles,impaired light service and brought a deluge of rain amounting to 1.78 inches in its wake.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Paul R. McIlvain, 1020 23rd St., Rock Island, has been named chief home office underwriter for Modern Woodmen of America. He succeeds T.B. Numsen who died June 8.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- George Lindsey and Paul Petersen have committed to the Quad Cities Open's celebrity pro-am scheduled for July 14. Lindsey is best known for his role as Goober Pyle on the Andy Griffith Show, and also is a regular on Hee Haw. Petersen played the son on the Donna Reed Show, has appeared in more than 50 other television shows and movies, and has two gold records to his credit.
Back: Available days in June 2007