Day in history for June 18, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Look out for Nixon And Kemp's Circus today. Great times ahead.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The steamer War Eagle set a new record for the run from Clinton to Muscatine yesterday, making the trip in four hours and 15 minutes.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Canvassers reported yesterday that the drive for a factory fund of $100,000 has resulted in the subscription of $118,250 already.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The construction of the $75,000 combined storm and sanitary sewer system on Rock Island Arsenal Island will be completed by July 15, according to estimates made today by Army Engineers of the Rock Island District. The sewer will replace the existing sanitary and drainage works which are affected by the Rock Island roller dam.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Sharon Hofer of Milan and Alberta Willems of Rock Island, are the holders of the two longest attendance records in the Rock Island Public School System. Sharon hasn't been absent nor tardy in her nine years and Alberta has had perfect attendance for eight consecutive years.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The firm, O.C. Industries in Milan, operating under the auspices of the Association of Rock Island County for Retarded Citizens, today showed off its new home, a 20,000 square foot building at 810 E. 8th St. Milan.
Back: Available days in June 2007