Day in history for June 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- From present appearances, we are about to have a city band composed of gentlemen of the finest musical abilities in the city.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- An indignation meeting will be held tomorrow at the courthouse to pass resolutions opposing the Rock Island-Davenport toll bill.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Monday everybody will celebrate the completion of the $100,000 booster fund. All who come downtown that night are advised to wear their old clothes.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Detective Dennis Bennett was appointed night captain of the Rock Island Police Department by the board of fire and police commissioners. He will succeed Gus Kirsch. Patrolman Gus Krueger was advanced to the position of detective to fill the position vacated by Bennett.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Officials of the Iowa Annie Wittenmyer Home imposed a quarantine on the home, following an outbreak of measles among the children. The quarantine will keep more than 200 boys and girls on the grounds and visitors out.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Famed jazz drummer Louie Bellson, a Moline native, returned to the Quad-Cities Monday night to present a concert with his combo in Circa 21 Dinner Playhouse, Rock Island. A capacity crowd, many of them friends of Bellson from his Moline High School days, was on hand to hear Bellson.
Back: Available days in June 2007