Day in history for June 13, 2007
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The members of the Rock Island Fire Department have invited the private hose companies to participate in the annual parade June 22.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The new state automobile laws will allow passenger cars to travel at a speed of 15 miles per hour instead of 10 and provide for the license number to be painted on each side of the headlamps.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Harry H. Cleaveland of Rock Island will be the delegate from this city to the Republican Convention opening in Chicago tomorrow. He, together with Everett C. Hardin of Monmouth represent the 14th Congressional District.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Harry Orr, Jeweler, Rock Island's new jewelry store at 209 18th St., will observe its grand opening this Saturday.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- St. Ambrose College's newly formed booster club will have its initial membership meeting at 8 p.m. Monday in the college cafeteria. Alumni and friends of the college are invited to the meeting, which will deal primarily with bylaws and dues structure.
Back: Available days in June 2007