Day in history for June 12, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The popular steamer, Flora, will make a pleasure excursion to Galena today.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- There is considerable complaint that in the upper part of the county, the early planted corn is dying out and will have to be replaced.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- A class of five pupils of St. Joseph's School received diplomas at exercises held in the Illinois Theater yesterday.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Mrs. J.A. Mansfield was elected president of the Women's Athletic Club yesterday at the annual meeting held in the Rock Island Elks Club. She succeeds Mrs. Ira Roberts.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- One Rock Island woman seems to have a secret formula for keeping a job, but she offers no explanation of her secret except 'Don't look to the past, enjoy the present and keep busy, and look forward to the future.' The woman is Miss Minnie Dressen, teller in the savings department of the Rock Island Bank and Trust Co., a kindly woman of 71 who recently noted her 50th year as a bank employee.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Sisters of Humility of Ottumwa, Iowa, closed one book of history and began a new one. About 25 sisters arrived at Marycrest College, and others will be arriving elsewhere in the area where they will stay until their new home at 2706 Gaines St., Davenport, is built.
Back: Available days in June 2007