Day in history for June 10, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- A loafer, name unknown, was up before Justice Swander yesterday for stealing sardines from Burdett And Sanger.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Harper's Theater was packed from footlights to dome last night as commencement exercises were held for the 12 members of the senior class at Rock Island High School.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Papers were filed in the circuit court today making East Moline a city. It has thrown off the garb of the village.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Postmaster H.A.J. McDonald will be reappointed to a fifth term as a result of political developments in Rock Island over the past week.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- If the interest show in last night's concert of the Quad-City Music Guild at Prospect Park auditorium is a reliable indication of what may be expected from the public in coming productions, the guild should be ''in the black'' financially at season's end. The auditorium was filled to capacity and parking space was at a premium.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Atkinson seventh-grader Candi Clapp recently won a trip to Springfield for placing first in the Illinois State Council on Nutrition poster contest. Clapp, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Steve Clapp, 307 W. Williams St., Atkinson, beat out all other competition in the seventh through eighth grade category.
Back: Available days in June 2007