Day in history for May 6, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Policeman Dunn took a drunken man out of a crowd near a saloon and, with the assistance of another man, carried him to jail.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Judge Murphy and L. F. Parker leave for Washington this morning where they will interest themselves in the Hennepin Canal appropriation bill.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Anders Zorn, the renowned Swedish painter and winner of the Grand Prix in Paris in 1902, was the guest of Prof. and Mrs. Olaf Gustafson at Augustana.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- A representative group of Rock Island businessmen laid plans last night for a business development campaign. The objectives are to stimulate trade, increase the attractiveness of the city and establish a permanent organization to promote retail business in the city.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Along with other improvements made in recent years at the East Moline State Hospital, the daily diet of patients has become more balanced and tasty, according to hospital authorities.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Dave Miller, Black Hawk College computer director and department chairman, thinks the main computer is overworked and outdated. He explained to board members selling time from a new computer -- along with revenue from increased enrollment -- could pay for a new computer in five years.
Back: Available days in May 2007