Day in history for May 27, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Covell's Beberine Mixture is a positive cure for fever and ague and all bilious diseases.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The spring meeting of the Tri-City Trotting Assn. yesterday was a success with fully 800 persons in attendance.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Promises of $45,000 have been obtained for the $100,000 Rock Island factory fund during the first two days of campaigning by solicitors.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Plans for the removal of the McCabe Dry Goods Co., Rock Island, from the present location at 1713 3rd Ave. to the building formerly occupied by the Hadley Furniture Co. before August 1, were made today by E.E. Scott, general manager of the store.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Moline American Legion and W.L. Velie Jr. Post, VFW, will raise the flag in two special ceremonies in downtown Moline Thursday morning to mark the Memorial Day. The Legion drum and bugle corps and color guard, and the VFW firing squad will raise the flag at City Hall at 7:30 and then will officiate at the flag-raising in Stephens Square, 19th St. and 6th Ave., immediately afterwards.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Reversing a two-year-old department policy, Rock Island County Sheriff Randy Heaton Wednesday made bulletproof vests optional for deputies, after several complained of discomfort.
Back: Available days in May 2007