Day in history for May 26, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The person who took a fine silk umbrella from the front window of the Methodist Church last Sunday evening will confer a favor on the owner by returning it to the Sexton.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- C.H. Stoddard and his assistants have commenced the preliminary survey of the new horse railway that is to connect this city with Milan.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Plans are being made to send a Tri-City delegation to Washington to urge President Roosevelt to visit the three cities on his Western trip next fall.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- E.C. Schmiers, proprietor of the Schmiers Radio Shop, 223 17th St., Rock Island, today received word that he has been awarded second prize of $400 in a national radio-selling contest.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Several hundred persons attended the rodeo yesterday afternoon at the Ben Bell farm, near Andalusia, sponsored by the Diamond B Riders, Inc. and the Green River Wranglers. Dick Partlow of Milan won two events, the bareback bronc riding and bulldogging.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Miss Marguerite N. Brooks, 3107 28th St., Rock Island, died today in Moline Public Hospital, which she had served for 43 years as administrator. During her tenure, Miss Brooks supervised 16 building projects with a total price tag of more than $15 million.
Back: Available days in May 2007