Day in history for May 18, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We notice that improvements are going on at Court Square. However, we would like to know who authorized the improvements? We are informed that the county court never made any order to have this work done.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Sells Bros. Circus and Menagerie will exhibit in this city next Tuesday afternoon and evening.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- M.H. Sexton of Rock Island, one of the directors of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues, today presented a life pass to President Theodore Roosevelt.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Awards to members of the Rock Island High School forensic team and athletes elected to membership in the National Athletic Scholarship Society of secondary schools will be presented at a student assembly on Friday morning.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Dedication of the new First Baptist Church, 1901 29th St., Moline, is scheduled at 3 tomorrow afternoon. Open house and a reception in the fellowship hall will follow the service.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Ron Pettit of the Deere And Co. advertising department was named winner of the best of show for technical art at the 29th International Technical Communication Conference held recently in Boston. Pettit's entry was a full-machine cutaway ilustration of a four-wheel-drive tractor.
Back: Available days in May 2007