Day in history for May 14, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Anton Huber and John Beugart have leased the St. Louis Exchange Saloon near Langley's Warehouse on the levee.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- It is probable that Decoration Day will not be observed in this city as no preparations have been made for the event.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Irene Meara will appear in one of the leading melodramas of the season, ''The Convict's Daughter,'' at the Illinois Theater tomorrow.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Augustana track and field athletes defeated St. Ambrose representatives, 79-57, in the annual dual contest yesterday afternoon in Davenport. The Augie entries took 10 first places.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- One sheep was killed, two others badly bitten and four others injured by dogs at the Moline Forge Co., 4101 4th Ave., Moline, early this morning. The sheep are owned by a farmer but are brought in during the summer months by the company to keep the grass down around the forging plant.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- All of Arsenal Island will be open to the public on Armed Forces Day, Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The District headquarters, located in the historic Clock Tower Building, and the clock on top of the tower will be open for public tours. Corps of Engineers employees will give guided tours up to the clock.
Back: Available days in May 2007