Day in history for May 13, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- A post office has been established at Coal Valley and George Washburne has been appointed postmaster.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The stock of the Rock Island And Milan Horse Railway has been taken quite rapidly. Over $30,000 already has been subscribed.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Old Ladies Home in Rock Island, sponsored by the King's Daughters of the city, was formally opened at a public reception yesterday.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island High School dramatists reached a new high last night with the senior class play presented to an audience of more than 700 persons.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island County's four state legislators will be guests of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce Executives at a dinner and program Wednesday night in Springfield. Sen. Morris Muhleman and Reps. Ralph Stephenson, Paul Rink and Robert Austin have been invited to be guests of Illinois Quad-City Chamber executives.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline firefighters were stopped from setting two condemned buildings on fire for practice this morning, when Mayor Robert Anderson received complaints from irate citizens. The humidity and wind were conspiring to swirl the smoke around neighboring houses, Anderson said. The two houses, near 27th Street and 8th Avenue, are to be razed as substandard houses.
Back: Available days in May 2007