Day in history for May 11, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Robert M. Marshall was nominated for supervisor and John Peetz, assistant supervisor, at a union meeting of citizens of all parties held recently at Woltman's Hall.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The Republican candidates for nomination are now seen on the streets early and late, shaking hands with all acquaintances.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Chief of Police Eckhart spent yesterday notifying saloon keepers that under the new adminstration that women and wine rooms will not be tolerated in Rock Island saloons.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The senior class play, ''Beggar on Horseback,'' will be presented tomorrow night at the Rock Island High School auditorium. Lead roles will be by Irene Applequist and Jack Wright. Miss Dorothy Peterson will direct the play.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- After being closed for a number of months, the Erie Theater opened yesterday with Charles Titus of Erie as the manager. His brother, Ronald, is assisting him.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Alcoa's Davenport Works is offering its 3,200 employees the opportunity to join the Quad-City Health Plan, the area's first health maintenance organization. Alcoa becomes the second participant in the HMO, joining Deere And Co. The plan began operation May 1, 1980, and serves about 16,000 Quad-Cities residents.
Back: Available days in May 2007