Day in history for May 10, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The weather is improving and it is anticipated that dog days will take the frost out of the ground.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The license to organize the Rock Island And Milan Horse Railway Co. arrived yesterday from the secretary of state and the subscription books will be opened immediately.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- County Judge R.W. Olmsted of Rock Island was elected secretary of the Illinois County Judges Assn. at the annual convention in Springfield yesterday.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Rotarians in the 37 Illinois clubs in the 40th district will come to Rock Island more than 900 strong for the two-day conference opening tomorrow.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Two neon ''no left turn'' signs are being installed at the Rock Island end of the Centennial Bridge to eliminate the possibility of accidents there during the heavy traffic periods, William E. Downing, superintendent of the bridge commission, announced today.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline police are looking for some well-organized thieves who may have used a wrecker and a heavy-duty jack to steal $5,400 worth of tires and rims from trucks parked at the Moline Body Co., 222 52nd St. Chain marks found on the frames of the trucks seem to indicate the thieves used a hoist of some kind to aid in removing the tires and rims.
Back: Available days in May 2007