Day in history for April 9, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Isaac Negus, who has been absent from town for some days, returned to find that his fellow citizens had chosen him a member of the county board of supervisors.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The prospects of a telephone circuit including Geneseo and Muscatine with those of Rock Island are very flattering and it is believed those cities will be added to the present system.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Rt. Rev. M. Edward Fawcett, bishop of the diocese of Quincy, was honored by the men of the Trinity Episcopal Church at a banquet in the Harper House.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island Chapter No. 269, Order of the Eastern Star, celebrated its 38th anniversary last evening at the Masonic Temple.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The possibility that Moline may soon have a modern boat harbor, with launching, docking, parking and picnicking facilities, along River Drive, was revealed yesterday at a meeting of the City Council rivers and harbor committee, when it was disclosed that federal aid may be available in such a project.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center, Augustana College, has received two grants totaling $50,000. A grant of $40,000 is from the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation of Stockholm, Sweden. The other grant is $10,000 from Lutheran Brotherhood.
Back: Available days in April 2007