Day in history for April 8, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The Henry Graff is advertised to run on the upper Mississippi. This is a fine boat and commanded by efficient officers.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The steamer Artemus Lamb has been supplied with an electric light which is said to work quite satisfactorily.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Ezra Kendall appeared in ''Swell Elegant Jones'' at the Illinois Theater last night.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Two positions on the Rock Island Board of Education will be filled tomorrow when voters will decide between three candidates. Candidates are John G. Huntoon, president; A.H. Bowlby, seeking reelection, and Dr. Meredith L. Ostrom.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Little Brenda Lee, who has risen to fame through television appearances on the ``Perry Como Show'' and ABC-TV's ''Ozark Jubilee,'' has been booked on the country music show scheduled at 8 next Saturday night in Wharton Field House. Miss Brenda Lee is 9-years-old and lives in Springfield, Mo.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- For the second time in recent months, cameras from the television news magazine ``20-20'' will focus on the Quad-Cities area. The subject this time is adult illiteracy, and ABC news crews will visit Davenport, Kewanee and Clinton at the end of the month to interview students at Scott Community College's Career Assistance Center.
Back: Available days in April 2007