Day in history for April 7, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We hope our German friends will meet with entire success in their efforts to establish a good military company in our city.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A thief entered the street railway stables and purloined some money belonging to one of the drivers. The money was taken from a vest hanging in a sleeping room.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The annual report of the St. Anthony's Hospital Board showed that 484 patients were treated during the last year and that 228 operations were performed.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- A county probation conference will be held in Rock Island April 27.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The 25th annual All-Breed Dog Show and Obedience Trials will be held at the Rock Island Armory May 12 with 500 dogs already entered in the show. The trophy list is larger than last year with 107 offered in silver and chrome, in recognition of the silver anniversary.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline Public Hospital officials today announced they will ask the Moline City Council to issue $15 million worth of bonds to finance a major renovation and expansion project to begin next year. Hours later, Lutheran Hospital President Kenneth Moburg indicated Lutheran officials will begin discussions with city officials about the possibility of selling Public to Lutheran.
Back: Available days in April 2007