Day in history for April 6, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Charles W. Mayburry has received the appointment as freight agent in Rock Island for the Chicago and Rock Island Railroad.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A trolling association is being organized in Rock Island by citizens of the Tri-Cities and a spring meeting is planned at the fair grounds in the city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rev. J.L. Vance, new pastor of the United Presbyterian Church, arrived this afternoon from Homestead, Pa., to take up his duties.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Competition in the fifth annual Marshall Dramatic Contest began last night with the presentation of four one-act plays before more than 800 persons in the Rock Island High School auditorium.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A 65-by-30-foot floating boat shelter was moved yesterday from Anchor Harbor, Campbell's Island, to Lake Potter at Sunset Park in Rock Island. High winds and rough water made the voyage from below the Rock Island dam to the park area a bit hazardous.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- It looks like Milan may have a community center in its future. John Brown, supervisor of Black Hawk Township, told the Milan village board Monday night the township will donate $100,000 toward the construction of a community center in Camden Park if Milan agrees to the project and is able to match the amount.
Back: Available days in April 2007