Day in history for April 3, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We sincerely hope that hoops stand their ground until something else is discovered which will impart the required fullness to a dress.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The streets are becoming dusty and the street sprinkler will soon become necessary unless the weather changes.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Practice sessions for the Rock Island baseball club will be held each day at the Island City park beginning next week, manager Jack Tighe announced today.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Fumes from an alcohol still exploded and wrecked a two-story house in Moline yesterday afternoon. A man who apparently had been operating the still ran from the house as the east side of the building fell away.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A third of the exhibits entered in the junior high division of the first Quint-City Science Fair will come from one Rock Island school. Eight Edison students have entered exhibits in the fair, which will take place Friday and Saturday at the Rock Island High School gymnasium.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island students joined in a celebration of the school district's 125th anniversary at Rock Island High School Thursday night. District 41 is celebrating the 125th anniversary of its state charter, and students throughout the district participated in events Tuesday and Thursday.
Back: Available days in April 2007