Day in history for April 27, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- There have been several robberies in the city recently. Our shopkeepers had better have their doors and windows strongly secured by good shutters and locks and leave no goods in their windows at night.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Oscar Wilde's lecture on ''Art Decoration'' attracted a small audience and elicited not even a small amount of applause.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Otis Skinner's production, ''The Duel,'' given at the Illinois Theater last evening, was one of the strongest attractions of this season.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Barbers in the Quad-City area appeared hopeful today of an early end to the price war which has developed between union and non-union shops in Moline and has threatened to spread to Rock Island and Davenport.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Four hundred persons attended the spring coffee sponsored by the Tri-City Alumnae Assn. of the Villa de Chantal, held Thursday at the hilltop home of Mr. and Mrs. Harry McLaughlin, 5342 5th Ave., Moline.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Cappy and Hewitt Assoc., a Louisville-based firm which specializes in revitalizing small companies, has signed a letter of intent to buy the Rock Island Servus Rubber Co. boot manufacturing firm if the workers ratify a recently negotiated contract, Servus Rubber President Don Tobin said today.
Back: Available days in April 2007