Day in history for April 26, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The Keokuk packets leave at 5 p.m. instead of 4 as formerly advertised. Passenger and hotel keepers take notice.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Strawberries have made their appearances in the local market.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Watch Tower Park will be opened formally on May 1, it was announced today. Several new attractions have been secured for the summer.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Pasteurization of all milk and milk products sold and distributed in Rock Island will be required under an ordinance adopted by the retiring city council last night.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A short in the wiring caused one of Rock Island's seven new air raid sirens to sound off for nearly a minute last night and resulted in the Rock Island police station and WHBF receiving many telephone calls.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Three local high school students received ''excellent'' ratings for their entries in the 25th annual Industrial Education Exhibit held Friday at Western Illinois University, Macomb. Of 1,272 projects entered, only 10 were rated excellent. Among the 10 were projects by Derek Wood, Moline High School; Kathy Wheeler and Jim Winger, both of United Township Area Vocation Center. In competition between schools, Sherrard High School finished second in its class.
Back: Available days in April 2007