Day in history for April 21, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The steamer Flora, which left for Galena on Tuesday morning, was blown ashore near Cordova. Her passengers proceeded to Fulton City by wagons.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Next Thursday evening T.W. Keene will present the Shakespearean drama ''Richard III'' at Harper's Theater.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island baseball club, in spring training at Iowa City, defeated the university team by a score of 17 to 0. The collegians made 14 errors.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- A dispute over the YMCA welterweight championship will be settled in the ring Saturday when Bob York meets Tom Donnelly. Both boys are students at Rock Island High School.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- About 800 persons attended the annual Easter Sunday tea dance given by Phi Mu Kappa in the LeClaire Hotel. Hal Weise and his orchestra played for dancing from 2 to 6 in the afternoon. Co-chairmen were Mesdames Richard Laws, Moline, and James Welch, Milan.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Illinois Dietetic Association has selected Carol Heard Longley of Aledo as one of five recipients of their prestigious award, '' Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year, 1982.'' The state award recognizes young dietitians who demonstrate leadership both in the dietetics profession and in professional associations.
Back: Available days in April 2007