Day in history for April 20, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The name of James Blake was announced yesterday as an independent candidate for street commissioner.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Two mounted policemen were out today in search of two horses reported stolen.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Al Jolson, with the reputation of being the greatest black-face in the business, is making his appearance at the Elite Theater during the latter half of this week.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Republican aldermanic candidates were nearly scored a grand slam in Rock Island's municipal election yesterday as they emerged victorious in six of the seven contests. Winners were A.L. Holtzer, Earl C. Dean, Herman P. Brown, John M. Kaiser, George M. Schmid, August D. Kester and Edward E. Tobin.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Easter bunny came one day early for about 711 youngsters at children's homes in the Quad-City area. In a new program, Fresh Pak Candy Co., 2400 4th Ave., Rock Island, this morning delivered over 600 baskets of candy free of charge to five different homes for children.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- United Township High School math students took first places in team and individual categories at the Illinois Council of Teachers of Mathematics regional competition on March 27. This was the district's first year of competition in the event.
Back: Available days in April 2007