Day in history for April 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- On passing the new and elegant bank building of N.B. Buford And Co. yesterday we noticed quite an appearance of business inside, so we concluded the new house is open.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The steamers Silver Wave, C.A. Denkmann and C.J. Caffery passed down the river this morning with large rafts of logs in tow.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island Three-I baseball team defeated Burlington of the Iowa league by 4-2 yesterday in an exhibition game at Burlington.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island Junior Chamber of Commerce launched a campaign today for funds to assist in sending the Rock Island High School concert band to the state contest in Champaign.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Opening of a second store has been announced by VanGoor Record Shop of Rock Island. The new store will be in Davenport, at 104 E. 2nd St. The announcement was made by E.F. VanGoor, owner. Self-selection of a complete line of records and Magnavox High Fidelity phonographs will be offered, similar to that in the Rock Island store.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline Public Hospital's trauma-emergency department staff is observing Illinois Emergency Medic Services Week, April 12-18, by providing free blood pressure checks and distributing emergency care information.
Back: Available days in April 2007