Day in history for April 13, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The bills for the Daily Argus are now made up and Willie will call on subscribers for payment. We hope they will all pay the first time he calls, saving him a good many hard tramps through the mud.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Oscar Wilde, well-known author, will lecture in Rock Island April 28.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- A track team is being organized at the Rock Island High School and several meets have already been scheduled.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Two new members of the Augustana College track squad reported yesterday to Coach Bill Kaminski. The new members are Kenneth Peterson and John Linnberg, both of Moline. Both men are high jumpers.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A new machine to help locate cancer has been purchased by Moline Public Hospital, through a special grant of $2,000 from the Illinois Division, American Cancer Society. The machine, a scintillation counter, is used in the detection of radioactive materials by their emission of radioactive rays.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Ashland Chemical Co., 6600 John Deere Road, has asked the state and the Rock Island County board for permission to temporarily store industrial waste at its facility just south of the Moline city limits. The company is asking permission to store up to 80 55-gallon drums for a maximum of 60 days.
Back: Available days in April 2007