Day in history for March 7, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The county court, Judges Gould, Holmes and Kistler, is now in session.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The idea of using a ferry across Rock River while the new bridge is being constructed was abandoned today and a temporary bridge will be used.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Announcement was made today that the Hon. William Jennings Bryan will be in Rock Island March 26 to lecture at the Illinois Theater.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Mayor Chester Thompson today urged all citizens of Rock Island to aid the American Legion, in cooperation with the Tri-City Federation of Labor, in their drive for the Rock Island unemployed.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- ``Speaking of Air Power,'' a sound color film showing highlights of the 1956 National Aircraft Show at Oklahoma City, Okla., was seen by members of the Rock Island Exchange Club at a meeting yesterday in the Fort Armstrong Hotel. The movie was shown by Joseph S. Kimmel Jr., vice president of Republic Electric Co., who is an aviation enthusiast.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Pianist Barbara Nissman, former John Deere artist in residence, has just released her first CBS recording, The Complete Piano Works of Alberto Ginasters, CBS 71107. The album is now available in Europe and is scheduled for release in the United States in the near future.
Back: Available days in March 2007