Day in history for March 30, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- A dead letter, addressed to Miss Margaret Haley, St. Louis, signed by Charley and containing $30 has been returned to the post office in this city. Charley or Miss Haley can obtain the letter by calling upon Postmaster Webber.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A cow was impounded by the police and is now awaiting its owner at the city shelter.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- First baseman Albert Spanton was sold to the Burlington club of the Iowa League. Manager Jack Tighe will play first this season.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Maud Ballington Booth, known as the ''Little Mother of the Prisons,'' will lecture at Augustana College this evening on the condition of prisons and prisoners.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Negotiations were still under way today for the disposal of the four Hickey Brothers cigar stores in the Quad-Cities following the closing yesterday afternoon of the Moline store at 1531 5th Ave.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A $50,000 educational building at Niabi Zoo paid for by the Rock Island County Zoological Society is beginning to take shape and should be ready for use by the end of the summer. The Moline High School building trades class began work on the building last fall. The concrete work was finished before winter and now the students are constructing the walls and roof.
Back: Available days in March 2007