Day in history for March 3, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The ice has gone out of the slough at Camden without doing any damage except to the plank road bridges.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A rope ferry is being placed across the Rock River for use while the new Milan bridge is being constructed. Permission for landings has not yet been obtained.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Johnny Wanner, Rock Island second baseman, has returned his signed contract to President Spencer, and will be back at his old post when the season opens.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Preliminary estimates of Rock Island District United States Engineers call for an expenditure of about $100,000 on levee and sea-wall construction on the north side of the Rock Island Arsenal Island.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Miss Hope Ryden, former Rock Island resident, won bathing beauty and fashion show contests on a Caribbean cruise aboard the S.S. Homeric. She is the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. E.E. Ryden, 3400 10th Ave., Rock Island.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Wrecking crews began tackling the brick buildings that formerly housed Deere And Co.'s flight operations and Elliott's Flying Service at the Quad-City Airport. Both operations have moved to new buildings on the airport's south side. The old buildings are being demolished to make room for the airport's new terminal.
Back: Available days in March 2007