Day in history for March 28, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The weather yesterday was warm, windy and unpleasant.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Steam was raised in the boiler of the new Cable Water Works this morning for the first time.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rev. G.A. Elliott of Austin, Ill., was extended a call to the pastorate of the Grace Lutheran Church.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The complete program for the local observance of the fifth annual banquet of Business Girls' Clubs of the YWCA was announced today by Miss Carla Holtermann, Rock Island YWCA secretary.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- East Moline Jaycees will sponsor a ''Town Meeting'' April 10 at 7:30 p.m. in the United Township High School Auditorium. Candidates for mayor will be given 10 minutes to briefly state their position on the various election issues and 10 minutes will be allowed for any rebuttals to the issues by other candidates.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Sherrard High School Chess Club was awarded the Class A state championship after passing undefeated through a two-day tournament in Roanoke. The five-man team will now advance to the national tournament in Philadelphia April 16-18. Winning players were Glenn Snow on first board, Dennis Snow on second board, Jack Carran on third board, Dan Birkestrand on fourth board and Mike Carran on fifth board.
Back: Available days in March 2007