Day in history for March 27, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The Board of Education election in Rock Island is set for April 7.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The interest in the coming city election is general and some spirited contests are expected in the various wards of the city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The packet season was opened yesterday with the departure of the Columbia for Burlington, Iowa. The boat will now operate on the regular schedule.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Consolation and championship bouts in the district YMCA tournament will be tonight in the Rock Island association's gymnasium.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- East Moline and Monmouth are among 33 Illinois cities with a population of 5,000 or more which reported no fatal traffic accidents for the second straight year during 1956, according to statistics compiled by the Illinois Division of Highways and announced by Gov. William G. Stratton in Springfield.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline's Arsenal Bridge overpass will open with a brief ceremony today. The segment being opened is a project coordinated between Moline and Army Corps of Engineers that extends the Arsenal Bridge southward and westward to bridge four sets of railroad tracks, giving emergency vehicles access to the industrial area along the Mississippi River. The overpass cost a total of $5 million.
Back: Available days in March 2007