Day in history for March 26, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The steamers Fire Canoe and Minnesota Belle lie at the boat yard below the city. That is as far as the ice would allow them to go.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Work on the new gymnasium in the rear of Turner Hall will begin as soon as the weather permits.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- President J.E. Spencer of the Rock Island Baseball Association left today for Peoria to meet with directors of the other clubs to settle the question of the league schedule.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Rev. Rodney F. Cobb, rector of Trinity Episcopal Church, will be the preacher at a special Easter service tomorrow at the church. It will be attended by the members of the Rock Island Commandery, No. 18, Knights Templar.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Arrangements have been completed for a party to be Saturday morning, April 13, in the Riviera Theater for all youths selling 10 or more tickets for the third annual Scout-O-Rama of the Fort Armstrong Council of Boy Scouts, to be in Rock Island Armory April 5 and 6.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Once again 23rd Avenue intersections are well represented in Moline's list of the city's worst intersections for the previous year. According to figures from the Illinois Department of Transportation leading the list is 53rd Street and 23rd Avenue with 23 accidents in 1981.
Back: Available days in March 2007