Day in history for March 25, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The man who was shot at last Monday has left the city.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The north span of the bridge over Rock River to Milan was completed this morning.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The exceedingly warm weather has driven the ducks northward, and there is very little hunting in this vicinity at the present time.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The mercury on the big thermometer in the baseball window of the Argus was pushed up to the $100,000 mark today as the Rock Island American Legion's campaign to provide jobs for the unemployed met with an unusually favorable spurt.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Alleman High School was informed that the school newspaper, AllemaNews, has been awarded an All-American rating by the National Scholastic Press Assn. The school paper won the award, highest in school journalism honors, in its class as a paper for a school of 701 to 1,000 pupils, printed commercially once a month.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Thousands of protesters, including a bus load of Quad-Citians, are expected to converge on the El Salvadoran Consulate in Chicago Saturday to display their opposition to U.S. involvement in Central America. The Quad-Cities Committees in Solidarity with El Salvador are chartering a bus to the Windy City for the protest.
Back: Available days in March 2007