Day in history for March 22, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- William A. Nourse has sold out his interest in the mercantile business to Jacob Shaw.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The first log raft of the season arrived yesterday.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Fifteen students responded in the first call for the track team at the high school yesterday.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Arrangements were completed today for the opening of the second Quad-City Auto Show in Rock Island tomorrow. There will be 100 1932 models on display.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Gordon Greenley, son of Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth F. Greenley, 1712 23rd Ave., Rock Island, has been chosen co-captain of the University of Colorado swimming team at Boulder, Colo. Rated the top performer this season, he is a senior in electrical engineering and will graduate in June. He is a 1953 graduate of Rock Island High School.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A new rules interpretation by the Illinois Community College Board will mean $300,000 more in tuition for Black Hawk College, Dr. Richard Puffer, BHC chancellor, said this morning. The ICCB endorsed the change Friday, said James Howard, ICCB deputy executive director. The change allows BHC to add $2.50 to the current $23 charge per credit hour and a $4 auxiliary fee for a total charge of $29.50 per credit hour.
Back: Available days in March 2007