Day in history for March 18, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The new map of Rock Island, by Thomas Doran, is completed and now ready for subscribers.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Captain A.W. Wells has severed his connection with the Rock Island Union and will assume a position with the New York Times.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- From present indications, the river season at Rock Island will be a busy one. The Columbia will be the first packet in operation from Rock Island.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Scott County Democrats have started the ball rolling for Gov. Franklin D. Roosevelt of New York as the Democratic candidate for president.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A Rock Island man reported that while in the south Friday night, he stood and watched a meteor which streaked across the sky at a close distance of ''200 or 300 feet.'' William L. Young, an assistant supervisor on the Rock Island County Board of Supervisors, called from New Orleans to say that he saw the meteor, which wire services reported flashed across the skies from Alabama to Texas.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- An eight-week-old female cockapoo, combination cocker spaniel and poodle, was stolen Wednesday afternoon from Teske Seed and Feed, 2423 16th St., Moline. She was to have been the prize in Teske's annual spring open house, being held Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Back: Available days in March 2007