Day in history for March 16, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- H.H. Belding of Keokuk, Iowa, will address the mechanics of Rock Island this evening at the brick schoolhouse near the court. His topic will be the advantages of mechanics' associations.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- General Weaver delivered an address in Davenport last night on ``Greenbacks.'' His lecture attracted a number from Rock Island.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- ``The Old World and Its Ways'' is the subject of a lecture to be given by William Jennings Bryan at the Illinois Theater March 26.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Extensive entertainment features are being arranged for the second annual Quad-City Automobile Show to be held next week.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Indian Bluff Forest Preserve Golf Course opened this morning, with Bob Hungate of Rock Island and Lloyd Lawson of Moline the first to tee off. Because of rather cold weather this morning, play was light. Today's opening was one of the earliest on record for the public course.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The United Township High School Board Monday voted to buy $3,484 worth of videotaping equipment for the athletic department. The department will use the gear to tape sporting events. It exchanges the tapes with other Western Big 6 Conference schools, which are switching from film to videotape for this purpose.
Back: Available days in March 2007