Day in history for March 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- There were fine exhibitions of sparring at Ben Smith's Hall over the St. Charles Saloon recently.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The 12th annual ball of St. Patrick's Society of Rock Island will be held in the Armory Hall March 17.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Surveyors of the Rock Island Railroad are again at work on their route trying to eliminate some of the curves to shorten the line.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Atty. Charles W. Hadley of Wheaton, candidate for the Republican nomination for attorney general, will be in Rock Island tomorrow to meet local Republican leaders in the interest of his candidacy.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- More than $800 damage was caused by a plane breaking loose from its mooring at the Woods Airport, 2 miles east of Highways 2 and 92 on the Barstow Road, last night when winds ranging up to 55 m.p.h. sent the plane careening into another one owned by Paul Voerding, East Moline. The plane, owned by Carl Woods and R.M. Anderson, was extensively damaged along the fuselage and wings.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline's arson investigation team is looking for a person they believe may be mentally ill who is setting fires on the city's west side. They are also searching for someone who sets clothing fires at the Penney's store in SouthPark during shopping hours.
Back: Available days in March 2007