Day in history for March 13, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Corvell's Beberine Mixture is on sale at the H.A. Porter Store. It purports to be a positive cure for ague, fever and bilious diseases.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- There is a prospect that Oscar Wilde or Robert Ingersoll will be secured for a lecture in this city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- At a meeting of the board of directors of the Rock Island YMCA last night it was decided to add a new man to the staff to take charge of the boys' department.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Miss Helen Mack, former Rock Island girl, has been chosen by Fox Film Corp. as debutante star of 1932.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Eleven-year-old David Junchen, Sherrard fifth-grade pupil, easily stepped across four questions to reach the halfway point on the coast-to-coast CBS-TV quiz show for seven-to-seventeen-year-olds, Giant Step. The youth, questioned by emcee Bert Parks, cooly explained various aspects in the field of electronics.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A study on the possible side effects of weightlessness on an embryo incubated aboard a space shuttle has won a Rapids City student and his science teacher a trip to NASA. David DeBlaey, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert DeBlaey, and Riverdale High School science teacher Linda Thomas will leave Sunday for NASA's installation in Huntsville, Ala.
Back: Available days in March 2007