Day in history for March 10, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The old building which was burned in Davenport was one of the buildings sold from old Fort Armstrong 16 years ago and moved off over the ice.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A force of men and teams was employed this morning in clearing snow from the street car tracks so as to enable cars to run later in the day.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Arthur Lundin, Islander pitcher, has indicated that he may now sign with the Rock Island club for another season.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Vernon (Farmer) Miller of Rock Island and Henry Rothier of East Moline, who won the light-heavyweight and lightweight championships, respectively, in the Golden Gloves tournament at Davenport two weeks ago, captured Midwest titles in their divisions last night in the finals of the Tournament of Champions in the Chicago stadium.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Burglars got no loot when they broke into the Ship's Wheel, a night club on Campbell's Island. Entry was gained by breaking a pane of glass in a door on the west side of the building.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- First National Bank of Moline officials today blamed operating policy and procedure differences between bank directors and ex-President Richard A. Shultz for triggering his resignation and, possibly, the FBI probe under way at the bank.
Back: Available days in March 2007